April 19th 2022
Vampires beware! Did you know that today is National Garlic Day?!
Garlic is how Beacon Foods started in business 28 years ago and we still process it in many ways today, from roast through to puree, chopped to sliced.
It is an original superfood and has many health benefits.
Here are 5 fun facts about garlic...
1. Garlic is one of the oldest food flavorings that as discovered in ancient times. Archaeological records speak that this seasoning plant was used even in Neolithic times, more than 7,000 years ago.
2. Garlic has been used throughout recorded history for both medicinal and culinary purposes. It contains Vitamins C and B group, fibre and various amino acids, all are great immune system boosters
3. Garlic used to be called Russian penicillin & given to soldiers in WW2 as medicine.
4. Crushing or mincing garlic releases it’s full potential. It tastes absolutely delicious and goes well with: steak, lemon butter, eggs, salmon, prawns, parsley, olive oil and much more.
5. Garlic is one of the healthiest foods on earth with many health properties: anti blood coagulation, antioxidant, antiviral, antimicrobial, lowers cholesterol, anticancer properties and really helps fight the common cold.
If you would like to sample any of our garlic products please contact us!